Benchmark Space Systems, a leader in small satellite propulsion systems and in-space mobility services, has an immediate opening for a Marketing Specialist working with our business development team to enhance our marketing communications to our customers and partners in the new space economy. Applicants should have experience developing and managing marketing and event calendars and the planning, creation, publication, and management of marketing content for technical products. This is a high-impact role creating and maintaining our marketing messages to our key audiences.
As part of the Business Development organization at Benchmark, this role will work closely with business development, sales, and product development teams to understand, shape, create, and deliver our marketing messages through all our marketing communication channels. This is a role for an individual who is excited by high-tech markets and brings strong marketing communication and creative skills to help develop high-value messaging about Benchmark and its space-bound solutions. This is an exciting time in the development of the new space economy and a great time to join Benchmark in a valuable role as the company continues to grow and deliver best-in-class satellite mobility products and services.
This role is ideally based out of our Burlington, VT location, but other locations will be considered for qualified candidates.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Sales to develop and maintain a robust marketing and events calendar that builds meaningful customer connections, increases company awareness, and encourages industry members to engage with the company.
- Plan, coordinate, create, publish, and manage marketing content creation including copywriting, images, and videos for sales collateral, conferences and trade shows, press releases, websites, professional networking and social media platforms and other marketing channels.
- Directly develop creative content, as well as manage external creative contractors in the development of illustrative and compelling digital and print assets.
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy for our defined audience, while enhancing our brand and ’voice’ as pioneers in space technology. Stay up to date with the latest aerospace marketing and social media best practices, technologies, and trends.
- Collaborate with the business development, sales, and product development teams to develop product-specific marketing campaigns.
- Manage event planning for industry conferences and tradeshows, including marketing collateral, meeting scheduling, press coordination and travel.
- Track and analyze marketing KPIs including ROI.
- Set up and optimize company website and pages within each online platform to increase the visibility of the company’s marketing content.
- Monitor customer engagement, performance of various media buys and targeted campaigns, and suggest method optimization.
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- At all times, maintain Benchmark’s outstanding reputation for operating at the highest levels of honesty, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
- Passion for space technology and emerging ecosystems in and around current and future space activities
- 2-5 years of experience with or demonstrated aptitude for marketing of technical products and copywriting for highly technical audience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing or related field
- Strong understanding of B2B marketing and communication best practices
- Microsoft Suite & Adobe Suite proficiency
- Expert in the use of Adobe Creative Suite to develop and update creative content
- Ability, agility, and can-do attitude to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and matrixed cross-functional environment